Today’s HVAC business environment is extremely competitive and HVAC contractors must use all the tools available to them to ensure that their business is top of mind when customers need an HVAC contractor for maintenance or replacement of an HVAC system.
Social media has become an easy and cost effective way to promote HVAC businesses and many contractors are using social media to engage their customers through consistent posts on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Instagram. However, there’s an even more powerful social media tool that can be used – YouTube. The power of YouTube to position your company to customers and maintain an ongoing conversation with them is one of the strongest and most cost-effective ways to keep your company relevant and top of mind for current and prospective customers. Once you have produced the videos, you can use them on your company website, in advertising, public relations, social media sites and other promotional channels.
It’s great to have high-quality video equipment to make your videos if that is within your budget. However, if that’s not available, don’t let it stop you. Many videos on YouTube are done on smartphones or hand-held video cameras. If you can edit your videos to “get it just right” that’s great too — but, videos that are shot “on the fly” are just as informative and entertaining. The most important thing to remember make your message educational and fun you and you’ll be a success!
Here are some ways that YouTube can promote your business:
- Company History – Produce a video showing a history of your company and your staff in the industry that will showcase your experience, certificates, licenses, awards, etc. This video can be used as part of a media kit, on your company website or as a leave behind on a flash drive when making sales calls
- Promote news stories – You can extend the life and reach of a local news story by placing the video on YouTube. You may need to obtain permission from your local broadcaster before uploading their video to YouTube.
Education of Customers
- DIY Maintenance Tips – Most customers don’t know about basic things they can do themselves to keep their HVAC system performing well throughout the year. A great way to establish yourself as a customer advocate is to produce a video that helps them do DIY maintenance on their HVAC systems.
- Smart Thermostats – Smart or programmable thermostats are very popular now, but many people don’t take the time to learn how to program their thermostat so it can save them energy and money. A simple step-by-step video to show customers how to use their smart thermostat will help create customer loyalty and motivate them to call you when their system needs repair
- HVAC equipment SEER ratings –Most customers know they should be purchasing the system with the highest SEER rating possible, but most don’t really know why it matters. A video that explains the importance of SEER ratings will go a long way to increase your credibility with your customers and give them the confidence that you are selling them a system that will best serve their needs.
- HVAC 101 – Many new homeowners are not familiar with how an HVAC system works. A simple video showing the basics of a central HVAC system will help new homeowners how to prevent maintenance issues.
- Prepping for the change of seasons – As the season change, homeowners need to know how to get their systems ready for the upcoming change in weather conditions.
- HVAC replacement – This video will show an owner what to expect when their HVAC system needs to be replaced and how they can minimize inconvenience and discomfort during the process.
Company & Staff
- Staff Promotions – A video that showcases your entire staff and their experience and expertise to your customers will go a long way to ensure that your customer feels comfortable with the team that will be working on their home and handling their service calls.
- Customer Testimonials – Videos of your “happy customers” are some of the most important videos you can produce. Third-party endorsement is always the best promotional tool and a video makes it even more impactful.
These are just a few ways you can easily and affordably create a winning “reel” of online videos. After you get started, there will be even more reasons to show your customers what your company is doing. So, start today with one of these ideas and enjoy the benefits of free promotion for your company on YouTube!